The Dream of One Sound



Dream droughts happen. I recently had an eight-day run where I didn't have any dream recall whatsoever. Of course, we dream every night, but I couldn't remember anything from this period of time. 
On the ninth night I became aware that I was in the middle of a magnificent dream. My drought was coming to an end with this glorious play being held just for me in my sleep time. I could feel the energy of it. My excitement rose within me to a crescendo...
...Only to be awoken by the obnoxiously loud after-hours emergency landline in my room. 
Interestingly, I often get faux texts where the sound comes from my cell phone in order to wake me up so that I remember my dream. When I look later there is never a new text. So, I know it's the Dream Producers way of gently waking me up so that I can record my dream. 
This was a whole different experience. The sound jarred me awake. Within an instant, my dream vanished into the ethers. Instead of helping me to remember, it erased all traces of the dream. The only thing I could hold onto was my feeling about the dream. 
But what if that was the whole point? 
It turned out that the phone that rang that evening was for my ears alone. There wasn't an actual emergency. The phone hadn't rung at all. This was part of the dream experience. Maybe there was more to this whole thing that I needed to discover.
The next day, my mind continuously wandered back to the memory of the sound coming from the landline from the previous night. Repeating thoughts can be a reminder to pay attention. As a dream explorer, I had an opportunity to uncover a hidden layer of truth. I decided to take action. A dream reentry was required. 
I prepared myself for the journey. I sat comfortably in my seat and took several deep breaths, which enabled me to quickly move deeply within. I invited the dream phone into my awareness. I saw the phone and it rang. This time, I immediately picked it up. It was time to see who was on the other end of the call.

What showed up surprised me...

A golden light energy with golden sparkles emanated from the heavens. It shimmered in all its gloryswirling around the phoneI could practically hear angels singing. I felt an inner peace and a feeling of love so deeply I didn't want the experience to end. 
The shimmering light moved in an artful dance. It captivated my attention. It expanded to include me. I was now a part of the light. I felt truly connected to its presence.
This was no ordinary call. I knew immediately who it was. Words were not required. It was God calling. It was time I took the call.

While comforted by the magnificence of the light, a strong masculine hand gently reached out to me from the center of this energy. Strong as it was, It held my hand tenderly.
Having my hand held in this manner seemed to be the impetus for the entire golden light energy to change. 
It shapeshifted into an Egyptian pharaoh. He was strong and powerful. His chest was bare. His golden crook was amplified for me. I wondered why Pharaohs always seemed to carry them. I learned later that the golden crook was a symbol for Pharoah being represented as a shepherd leading his flock. Wow. This sounded all too familiar.
He continued holding my hand gently while he shapeshifted once again into one of the actors from the television show 1923. Michael Greyeyes' character wears large shell earrings in the show. Every time I see him, his earrings are amplified for meas though they are calling me to pay attention to them. The dream reentry experience was no different. As soon as his ear and earring showed up, I was pulled into a closeup of his ear. 
As always, there is a reason for what we see in our mind's eye. A message was sure to follow. I was not disappointed. A voice in the form of a whisper, ignited my curiosity. It spoke softly, with a melodic lingering on the last letter. It said...

"Listen-nnnnnn."

Listening to my intuition was potent advice for me. I have had an extraordinarily-over-the-top busy work life as of late. It's as though I shoved a whole year of work into a couple of weeks. My mind has been racing on multiple things all at once. It's frankly too much even for the multi-tasker that I can be. Moreover, when I get caught up in the craziness of the day-to-day, where I am running running running, I have little time to pay attention to my inner knowing. I was being reminded to slow down. Take a breath. And pay attention. All would be well. 

After sharing this experience with my dream group, the others tracked my dream for me. This is a practice where people, with permission from the dreamer, enter into a version of the dreamer's dream from their perspective. Then they share the tracking experience with the dreamer. 
One of my dream buddies suggested that in her version of my dream, the call is not about baggage from the past, but rather an opportunity in the future. I certainly liked the sound of that! And my body felt the truth of her words. A tingling energy manifested in my Higher Heart area as soon as she spoke. The energy moved up my shoulders and then down my arms. Our bodies always know the truth. This was a visceral experience. My body felt it deeply.
My other dream buddy stated that her version of my dream was primarily auditory and from her perspective, it's important to answer the phone when opportunity calls. Otherwise, I will have to wait for the next time opportunity calls. This had deep resonance of truth for me, as well. 
I flashed on a moment from several years earlier when I intentionally skipped an intuitive opportunity. In my mind, I wasn't ready. I know I can't do that this time around. It's time to step up to the plate and swing for a home run. 
Even after our dream group had ended, another synchronicity showed up. Within perhaps a minute after our zoom call ended, my dream buddy sent me a text of a meme that popped onto her screen. 

"When God calls us...He expects us to take action."

I think that says it all.

This was an INCREDIBLE dream experience...all because I paid attention to one sound and moved forward with discovering what it all meant for me. 

This just shows that no dream element is ever too small to explore.

Thank you for reading. Sleep well. Dream well.

Comments

Popular Posts